jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

Tempus Servers Down 11/09/2014

Rob123 · 9 · 2806

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Today's update has seriously broken eventscripts, which Tempus runs on.

I'll update this thread when we figure more details out, but all servers have been shut down for the time being.

Pls valve

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
11/09 is my birthday, I think you mean 09/11 ;)
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +5/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I've contacted Mattie (Creator of ES, aka the team captain collector guy), but unfortunately he hasn't said whether he is going to fix it or not. He's a busy guy and he hasn't touched ES for 2 years or so, but there's a slim chance it could get fixed.

In the more likely chance that it doesn't get fixed, we will be moving to Source.Python (SP). This is a platform designed to replace ES, with a bigger and more active dev community around it. Thankfully, jayess had considered this well before the update last week. He's been working on port for the last few weeks, but it is still not ready. We will be trying to speed up the porting process to get Tempus running on SP, but it will take longer than if Mattie managers to fix ES.

Sorry for the wait, i'll make sure to keep this thread updated with any news.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
We're currently testing Tempus on the new platform (sourcepython). It's going to take us a good few days to figure out what's working, needs changing or totally broken.

It's hard to give a good estimate, as we don't know what we will run into, but I'll post when we have a general idea.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
And we're back online! All servers coming back up with what should be reasonable stability. We're expecting to uncover some more bugs with more people playing the new system, but it looks like EU has found most of the core ones.

Thanks for the patience during this time, feel free to post here or message me if you discover problems.

Current list of known issues is:
  • Lag/freeze when a player joins (might also happen on disconnect)
  • Choosing a server from !servers does not provide connect option
  • IRC is currently disabled. This is intentional, as we are planning a big rewrite of it
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 05:39:11 AM by Rob123 »

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile
And we're back online! All servers coming back up with what should be reasonable stability. We're expecting to uncover some more bugs with more people playing the new system, but it looks like EU has found most of the core ones.

Thanks for the patience during this time, feel free to post here or message me if you discover problems.

Current list of known issues is:
  • Lag/freeze when a player joins (might also happen on disconnect)
  • Choosing a server from !servers does not provide connect option
  • IRC is currently disabled. This is intentional, as we are planning a big rewrite of it

:D
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌