jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

wickEd's Monthly Jump Challenge

wickEd_ · 24 · 7532

wickEd_

• Novice
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Hello guys, so from now on im making a jump challenge every month. Basically, i will be choosing a map that looks good for rocket jumping (including rollouts). This challenge is dedicated to BOOST by Jandals.
The idea of the jump challenge is taken from Muselk's weekly jump challenge, so I've decided to continue this. Note that this will not be

Intro to the event
Tutorial on how to submit your jump
Jump Challenge #1 showcase
Jump Challenge #2 showcase
Jump Challenge #3 showcase (COMING SOON)

* Jump Challenge #1 Map Download Link: (cp_logjam_TIMER_v2): Download Link
* Jump Challenge #2 Map Download Link: (jump_void_CHALLENGE): Download Link

Rules:
* Make sure you record both POV and STV demos
* You can use ammo and hp regen script if you still can't use the bind given
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
* Only Rocket Launcher & Original are allowed.
* Only 1 Submission per person.
* Submissions sent to wickedjumpchallenge@gmail.com.
Prize is 5 Keys. Prize will increase in the upcoming challenges.

GOOD LUCK! More info's are in the videos above + read their descriptions

Notes:
* Drexen Timer will be added to every map adding a _CHALLENGE at the end of the map name.
* A Start/End Line will be added.
* If two or more players done the challenge with the same time, they have the choice to take the prize that will be divided to them or they can choose a map to do another challenge of their choice enclosed to them only (this can include choosing a stock or jump map of their choice - not a full run jump map. Only from point A to B as seen in the Challenge #1).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:38:09 AM by .wickEd_ »

guyyst

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
no original? wtf

Not that I use it but why would you block that

wickEd_

• Novice
    • View Profile
no original? wtf

Not that I use it but why would you block that

just wanted the people to be equal in using the same thing even if i know the original is a little bit harder to use than the stock rl

Exile

• Administrator
  • Advanced
    • Frags: +5/-0
  • fhhh
    • View Profile
Is this just Jotw but for a month instead

and banning the original is stupid

the idea of having everyone do the same jump is also stupid

Afterglow

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I'd be happy to host this on tf2rjweekly if you want. Would get more interest I suspect. I like the idea of a monthly jump challenge, but I gotta say I hope it's not just all random skips/speedshots through stock maps. A monthly challenge can also be jump map speedruns or something. At the same time though, it should always be something that can't be subjectively judged imo (never something like "do the best jump on this particular map").
The music is pumping, the dance floor is jumping.

wickEd_

• Novice
    • View Profile
I'd be happy to host this on tf2rjweekly if you want. Would get more interest I suspect. I like the idea of a monthly jump challenge, but I gotta say I hope it's not just all random skips/speedshots through stock maps. A monthly challenge can also be jump map speedruns or something. At the same time though, it should always be something that can't be subjectively judged imo (never something like "do the best jump on this particular map").

yea that would be cool. The idea of this challenge is to see who can reach from point A to B at the fastest speed. I have edited the main post where the map is now with Drexen timer since lots of people wanted to know their own time. The challenge will not be limited to normal maps, we will find out more jumps in the upcoming challenges. And yes, the original is now allowed since a number of people became disturbed from this idea.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
imo if you're going to use drexen's timer and have to start before a certain line it would be best to have the start of the timer be setup as an onendtouchall and be the size of the starting area, like how the surf timers and tempus work. Also some dev textures or something on the floor to show the line would be good.

skeletoN

• View Profile
nice idea , pl_frontier_final from base to base is good for that

obsidiian

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Please turn off motion blur when you record your videos.  Also, I think you will find it very difficult to keep this from becoming a competition to see who can grind an overdone jump the most, because that seems to be how these sort of things tend to end up.  But it's good to see stuff happening either way and I hope that you can keep the competition fresh and interesting.

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

wickEd_

• Novice
    • View Profile
so... is this still happening or what?

yes, i will post the video today, if it won't be uploaded to tf2rjweekly. since its weekly

Afterglow

• Intermediate
    • View Profile

yes, i will post the video today, if it won't be uploaded to tf2rjweekly. since its weekly

hmm I can't find it in my gmail? Did you link it through steam or something?
The music is pumping, the dance floor is jumping.

wickEd_

• Novice
    • View Profile

hmm I can't find it in my gmail? Did you link it through steam or something?

i've sent both dl and youtube links on your steam but i guess you were afk. im sending it to the gmail one

minty

• Novice
  • smell me
    • View Profile
Question: Are other rocket launchers allowed (Liberty Launcher, Direct Hit etc)?
I'm assuming they are, seeing how it doesn't mention it in the rules, but I figured I should ask anyways  8)