Map List and Tier Feedback

Rob123 · 90 · 52266

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
The latest map list can be found here:

tempus.xyz

Each map is split into Courses (C#) and Bonuses (B#). There is a column for soldier and demo difficulty, as well as any notes. The tier system rates map as follows:
- Tier 1: Very easy
- Tier 2: Easy
- Tier 3: Medium
- Tier 4: Hard
- Tier 5: Very Hard
- Tier 6: Insane
- Tier 0: Impossible

- Tier -1: Not assigned, we need help with these!

We would love to get feedback on any tiers that you feel are off, or if we have missed any bonuses. Maps with more than 5 bonuses have been grouped to form another course. It is worth noting our tier system is based off completion, not speedrunning.

Feel free to post any recommendations or comments, or add an admin!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:26:38 PM by scotch »

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • Frags: +2/-0
    • View Profile

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
also i think 4starters orange should only be 3-4 and white should be 4

Sere

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Why is NMotion in there but quick not  :o
"Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I've been pretty much ignoring any maps coming out in the last 2 months or so. Firstly because the 165 maplist we started with was plenty of work to zone, and now we have lots of plugin-side things to work on. Secondly, I'm going to try keep in communication with authors as to when their maps are a final version, as updating maps on the tempus and losing times is something we want to minimise.

Don't worry we will get around to adding them, and I'll probably add you and others to chat about final version etc  :)

Afterglow -tt | jump.tf

• Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Wow this looks like it took some serious labor. Some random things I noticed while skimming through this:

Split up littleman into 4 courses, then blue and red side as well (like skillsrank had). For blue side it's really easy as demo. Red side is def harder, there's that one level with moving platforms that's pretty tough for most people.

legion c1 for demo should be the easiest tier. As should most soldier maps. You have it as 2 right now.

Make what c2 6 for demo.

Make nbn c2 for demo 5. Maybe even 6. It's the 4th hardest demo map imo after scorpion, what, and over.

Idk about 5 for lanc... it's not that hard imo. The lanc bonuses are pretty tough. I would say 4 or 5 for b1, 6 for b2 and b3. I'm not sure how the tiers for bonuses work relative to tiers for courses. Considering a speedrun of a single level is pretty easy, if I'm supposed to rate bonuses on the same scale as courses, the bonuses should not be that high. Once again, I can't help but feel it's silly as hell to speedrun single levels.

over_beta should definitely be 6 considering most demo jumpers say it's the hardest demo map. It has no bonuses though Momiko said there would be. But considering it's been like over a year since the beta has been released idk.

You're really gonna add network? It's so bad...

rebound should be 5.

mouser could be a 3, but I'd leave it as 4 due to the strats (the ceiling tele glitch and bounce and other stuff).

remember should be 4 imo. Not that hard.

I might make the rnc hard course a tier higher. Don't really remember it that much but I remember it was kinda tough.

I'd make soar for demo a 3. There's only lvl 16 which is somewhat challenging, but still not that hard.

turnip bonus should be same as solly for demo if not lower since demo moves faster than sol. It's meant to be done without any projectiles used (aside from at the very beginning).

I think this is a good start, it doesn't have to be perfect yet. Just change it based on more play testing when people have better opinions about what's easier or harder.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Alright most of those tier changes have been made. Thanks for the suggestions. Still lots of demo tiers (listed as -1) that I'm gonna wait on suggestions since I barely demo jump.

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
I wasn't really sure where to put this - none of the feedback threads really apply to this. I've been trying to jump around on the server with my 250 ping, and the plugin has been super nice to use, except when I play demo. My sticky charge meter goes right over the time with the HUD that I use. Could it be possible to implement a feature to move that window somewhere else on the screen?

Shunix

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
I wasn't really sure where to put this - none of the feedback threads really apply to this. I've been trying to jump around on the server with my 250 ping, and the plugin has been super nice to use, except when I play demo. My sticky charge meter goes right over the time with the HUD that I use. Could it be possible to implement a feature to move that window somewhere else on the screen?

use a HUD that isnt complete horse shit

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
We can't move those screens around :/ Custom hud is your best option there

nolem

• Proficient
    • Frags: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
Yeah, I had a feeling that's what I would have to do - omni stopped updating it so I think I should be good to mess with the layout.

Afterglow

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
finite should be tier 6 for soldier
elysium should be like tier 4 for soldier, 3 for demo. Why it's tier 6 for both is a mystery tbh. The bonus should def be highest tier though.
eons demo should be at least tier 2, cuz of that one jump with the buttons.
The music is pumping, the dance floor is jumping.

SlaM JaM

• View Profile
finite should be tier 6 for soldier
elysium should be like tier 4 for soldier, 3 for demo. Why it's tier 6 for both is a mystery tbh. The bonus should def be highest tier though.
eons demo should be at least tier 2, cuz of that one jump with the buttons.

If finite is 6 then gateway C2 should be 6 as well IMHO.

Grandpa

• Intermediate
  • youtube.com/allebwai | youtube.com/QuantumVTX
    • View Profile
Gateway is easier than finite, although its like taking a 10(finite) and making it a 9(gateway).

Finite and Gateway c2 need to be tier 6.

Rob123

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Not sure what happened to elysium there.. no way we would have set the course 6 and 6. Anyway it's now 4 and 3.

Finite and gateway c2 changed to 6.

Keeping eons as demo as 2, it's not hard enough for a T3 (like tissue is t3)

Thanks for the suggestions!