jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

jump_competitive_b2

d4rk · 21 · 10669

d4rk

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Currently 19 jumps aimed at competitive play. The map has many features and gadgets to help you improve and save time. No idea how far this map is away from being finished. If there are any errors or improvements that could be made to the map feel free to highlight them to me; also if you think I've missed a specific jump let me know :)

This is one of the first practical jump maps. This map allows you to practice virtually any useful soldier jump that I know of. The map contains a teleporter in the spawn room that remembers what stage you were on in-case you blew yourself up, or helping someone by spectating them. It also contains question mark icons that explain the jump in detail in-case you are having trouble.

The map also has a timer located just out-side of the spawn room; once you jump into it you're timed run starts. When attempting a timed run the helper icons are disabled for you and the two easier drop-down jumps give you a 10 second delay.

To unlock the bonus jumps you need to find all 6 secret hats that are scattered inbetween jumps throughout the map. The bonus jump door is located in the upper lobby near the cap point (spire).

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/XGFM5#0
Download Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpnjo500fdhxcdz/jump_competitive_b2.rar

Also upvoting and or commenting on my two reddit posts would be greatly appreciated
http://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/1vpv8p/jump_competitive_b2/
http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/1vrg47/jump_competitive/

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • Frags: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Nice, looking forward to trying this version.  The last one was really fun.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile
Still a cool map, I sw you tried to correct the explanation of the jumps, but I noticed that you still used some wrong names/defenitions.

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Disclaimer: I don't play TF2 competitively (or at all, really), I don't like competitive TF2, and I just don't like jumping on non flat terrain.

I fucking hate this map.

That said it is a good map. Though I do have an issue with the teleporters, because the maps that these rollouts are taken from don't have teleports anywhere, so when I needed a speedshot I couldn't get one, leading to slight rage. I understand that the perfect rollout is, well, perfect but the inability for me to try and save the jump really irked me. Also a ctap for jump 5 really?

As far as the actual jumps there's not much to say needs fixing since you just took them out of other maps. Other than moving 5 to later in the map it's pretty solid.

Objectively: good.
Subjectively: shit.

Dr. Heinz

• needs to stop posting
  • Relax.
    • View Profile

RNC1839

• Proficient
    • View Profile
Quote from: Dr. Heinz
Get fucking good
Working on it!

Quote from: Dr. Heinz
no ctaps in the map...
And yet another reason I don't play the actual game. I can't tell a ctap from a regular jump it seems.

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
Just played through new version. Really fun map. Still 1 hat I can't find, but I clipped through the lobby door to get to bonuses, and they were quite fun too.  Nothing too hard.  I think this is the best map I've ever seen for learning rampslides.

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Looking forward to test this new version!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 06:55:10 PM by scfld »

Alphaa

• View Profile

scofield

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Just realized that the bonus jumps are similar to other competitive maps, also, the trail looks nice

d4rk

• View Profile

Tx_

• Novice
    • View Profile

statyk

• View Profile
The transitions of map areas is really neat. This is a clever idea, I'll have to check it out.

BQE

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Really cool map.  =)

I just didn't like #2. 

Rokio

• Administrator
  • Proficient
    • View Profile
I've always enjoyed this map.  Added your run video to front page for "new" map showcase.