jump.tf Forums
Welcome B)

RIP Jumping

Guest · 57 · 7701

ismillo

• Frags: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Dear Jump community,

It has been something between 5-6 years of jumping in our beloved Team Fortress so I can say I'm a connoisseur of sorts, regardless, I've played alongside many great players and seen many great runs and have seen the ups and downs from our favourite mod. But this last update really really really something out of the Valve's developers minds.
I like improvements, not changes and this, mates, is ridiculous.
I hope, like said previously, its only a bug and only a matter of time to be fixed, otherwise it's the end of an era.
Anyway, as my fellow countryman and friend, Sovietdrunk, says: "Keep Jumping TF2".
And let's hope for the best.

preacher right here

Nah, I just think it's f*ck up what they did.

Now I guess every thing is back on normal. Let's see.

Treynolds416

• View Profile
Solider isn't quite normal still
Seems to me like everything is slightly more powerful than it should be. Things like speedshots give you a lot more height than before. Jumps that required ctap or were really close before, like grey bridge to the top of spire on badlands, catwalk to catwalk on granary, and big door to mid nipple on gullywash are now possible/easier. Seems to me like normal rocket jumps are halfway or most of the way to ctaps

Just try crouching in place and shooting downwards, it's way more powerful than before
Water jumps seem fixed
Haven't tried demo

Demo is still exhibiting the same behavior as before, you get a disproportionate amount of impulse depending on your distance from the explosion. Pogoing close to the ground is underpowered, and pogoing far away is overpowered compared to pre-update. It seems like you get a lot of extra height when you do a distance jump with a sticky on the ground, maybe slightly more distance than before (sort of like the behavior that solider exhibited). If you try to do the same distance jump with a sticky on the wall, like for rollouts and stuff, you don't go nearly as far. Jumps that are straight up are still like ~75% height of what they were before.

For example, try to rollout from granary spawn. The first jump to the shutter doesn't work at all with the sticky on the wall, but it works better than before if you put the stick on the ground and then jump.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 08:34:55 AM by Treynolds416 »

Tsmuji

• View Profile
On measure now I get around 580 units vert and 1150 horizontal without ctap which is pretty normal for me, original ctapping I can max out at 690 vert which is all I've ever been able to do. Catwalk to catwalk and spire feel pretty normal as well. On crouching and shooting downwards it might feel a bit more powerful than before? It looks kinda high but it's not really something I'd do often so I'm really not too sure. Even if I'm completely wrong water and ctap are both functioning at least.

Tried a bit more demo, that's definitely still broken.

ismillo

• View Profile
Demo during pogo is clearly more powerful, however, while wall pogoing I notice it's somehow more dificulty, like it's heavier than before.

Afterglow

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
Thinking about writing an email. What email address should I email?
The music is pumping, the dance floor is jumping.

Tsmuji

• View Profile

Eric Smith as shown before is who people generally message, http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=Eric+Smith

SlaM JaM

• View Profile

Thanks Glow. Please please PLEASE tell them to REVERT the changes back to pre-Gun Mettle instead of making more dumb tweaks. This will solve all issues (except maybe leave rocket jumps barely broken for a weapon no one uses, the Battalion's Backup).

rccoon

• w0lk inbuuund
    • View Profile

Me and Jorge wrote like 5 emails. No response.
Sync master yo

Vexon

• needs to stop posting
  • :}
    • View Profile

Me and Jorge wrote like 5 emails. No response.

Gotta have them connections.
5:01 PM - john | jump.tf: 👌

JorgeLayja03

• Novice
    • View Profile
Well rocket jumping got "fixed" but demo is still fucked up...

buhnanuh

• Intermediate
    • View Profile
so i checked out the update and what i got from it was... i dont have to be playing csgo to be playing csgo?? i can be SEM in this game too when tf2 comp comes out???

K716

• View Profile
Wait so what happened? What changes?

I did notice the following:

Same day the update came out, I was on the RED course of jump_4starters. Could NOT get a speedshot on jump 8 (the one just after the pogo section) and had a harder time with the sync jump on #6. Stuff felt weird.

Today I was on jump_pyro_stock and couldn't get past jump 4. Had to switch to degreaser and detonator. Jump 5 didn't work at all.

Fix bugs. Release cool maps (have tried to play cp_mojave, but nobody has it) and fix more bugs. More MvM maps. No mucking around with ctapping and other stuff we normally use.